Inadequacy of fluids in the body or the excessive loss from the body. It is usually caused by inadequate intake of fluids especially water, illness, sweating due to excessive activity or strenous exercise and even side effects to certain medications.
How do you know whether you are dehydrated?
- Feel thirsty
- Concentrated urination
- Light headedness
- Feeling drowsy
- Lips, mouth, and eyes feel dry
- Going to the washroom to pee for less than 4 times a day
It’s just not another condition to be taken so lightly. Organs too are affected- skin, muscle break, kidneys, heart- the pumping system, brain.
How do we keep ourselves hydrated?
- Basic is water/coconut water
- Coffee or tea
- Skimmed and low fat milk
- Citrus and high water containing fruits and vegetables
- Soups and natural fruit juices